Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 12:35:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  WNC: Mission 1-Alpha: Trial by Fire.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WNC: Mission 1-Alpha: Trial by Fire.  (Read 2958 times)
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:21:02 AM »

Control: Shadow-General

As you enter the briefing chamber, an aged woman rises to her feat, the soft whirr of her powered armour noticable in the silence of the room.
"This mission is under standard Shadow operating procedure, no Brotherhood insignia or papers. If captured you are not to reveal that you are Brotherhood agents - if possible we'll attempt a rescure, but no promises."

"In anticipation of the coming apocalypse, the military created several caches of equipment in a variety of hidden locations around the country. We've been delving through the archives, and have located a cache about 6 hours travel Northwards of this post.
Unfortunately that cache is deep in Raider territory, and the council insist that our expansion should head West, rather than North. However we cannot have raiders at our flanks possessing the weapons available in that cache.

Your mission is to secure the cache, you'll be given access codes and a precise location for it. If you can bring it back, do so, otherwise you're to do whatever is necessary to keep it out of the hands of the raiders.

Good Luck out there."

She looks around to see if there are any questions.
Logged
Gatac
Handler
*****
Posts: 929


The power of Stark compels you!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »

"Yes Ma'am," Feather says. No further questions for him.
Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control
*****
Posts: 2956


Do I look like a people person?


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »

Trogg stares blankly at the wall for most of the briefing, but lights up at the mention of Raiders.

"Trogg not like raiders, Trogg wanna punch 'em!"

Trogg then settles back to staring at the wall, but this time with a look of expectancy, much like a little kid before christmas.
Logged

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Kagemaru
Recruit
*
Posts: 22


Covert Ops Specialist


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

Playing with his cards, PC listens carefully to the General and the mission she has for them.

"Sounds like it's gonna be a rough day. Can't wait!" he says with a smile after she finished.

Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 04:02:37 AM »

OOC: Just as a note, no-one seems to have a vehicle either among their possessions or mission picks (though still waiting on Glimmerat's mission gear - though he's only got either a Weapon or Security pick). - does anyone want to swap to a vehicle (or else remind me if you have one already) before we start

"No Questions? Then I suggest you pick up your gear and get started."
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »

Okay, you head out in the truck, after several hours on the "road" you note a dust cloud heading towards you you'd guess it to be a group of maybe 3-4 vehicles. Presumably raiders since you're in their territory.
Logged
Gatac
Handler
*****
Posts: 929


The power of Stark compels you!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »

Feather reaches for his revolver - 6 shots, locked and loaded -, then his axe - sharp and steady.

"We can't outrun them in this thing. But maybe we can scare them off."
Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control
*****
Posts: 2956


Do I look like a people person?


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »

Trogg remains mostly unconcerned, for the time being.
Logged

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 09:06:10 AM »

Looks like they've spotted you, the seem to come to a stop for a few minutes before they start coming straight at you.
The Truck's not manoeuvrable and not fast, however you have the choice of heading down into debris ridden valley, or continuing on the straight and open direct route.
Alternatively you can pull up and fight since none of you are particularly capable drivers.
Logged
Gatac
Handler
*****
Posts: 929


The power of Stark compels you!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »

Straight and open. The debris field sounds like just the place to get stuck in, and I'd rather be on my way and try to scare them off than ride into a direct battle.

Gatac
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 07:42:43 AM »

The Raider vehicles bear down on you - they're quite a bit faster than you and are crawling with a ragtag bunch of raiders, equipped with a variety of Pistol's, SMG's and home-made melee weapons.
(click to show/hide)
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 07:24:22 AM »

The Raider vehicles hit your trail and with a clunk seem to slow down a moment.
(click to show/hide)
Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control
*****
Posts: 2956


Do I look like a people person?


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:40 AM »

I'm gonna spend an action die to confirm that error. I'm not doing much else at the moment, so I might as well pitch in with what I can...
Logged

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 03:19:54 AM »

One of the wagons crashes though a prewar shelter, coming out mostly unharmed. The others slow down to come around it.
They seem to neither gain nor lose ground for a while, hoving out of effective range for your weapons one of the trucks is forced into a sharp turn to avoid a cluster of rocks, and the less attentive member of it's crew is thrown from the vehicle.
Your pursuers seem to lose some enthusiasm after that, and shoving your own truck into high gear you power away from them almost effortlessly.
(click to show/hide)
Logged
Gatac
Handler
*****
Posts: 929


The power of Stark compels you!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 03:35:31 AM »

Feather sees the raiders break off pursuit and frowns.

"The road isn't safe."
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!