Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 11:10:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Repeat List
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Repeat List  (Read 50221 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »

It's been one of those days. Artist list from my current playlist.

The Clash
The Selecter
Elvis Costello
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Reel Big Fish
Madness
Green Day
The Ramones
Flogging Molly
Mumford & Sons
The Pietasters

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 05, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »

This will be background music for a steampunk game someday - I just don't know which one. I do not yet have anything set in Siam. Cruel Fairy Tale by IU.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: November 05, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »

Korpiklaani - Pellonpekko
Nightwish - Wish I Had an Angel
Sabaton - Coat of Arms

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2013, 03:19:11 AM »

Another bit of theme music, waiting for a game - most likely steampunk, maybe the Scooby Punk Redux campaign. (A little to Elfmanesque for the Gargoyles campaign.)

Future Worlds Music has a large number of really good soundtracks that can easily be used for games.

The Auld Grump

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »

I don't even watch the show, but Game of Thrones seems to have the best choice in trailer music. This year it's Bones by MS MR

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »

I don't even watch the show, but Game of Thrones seems to have the best choice in trailer music. This year it's Bones by MS MR

That is a really stellar track. Played it on loop for about an hour when that trailer first hit.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »

There is a 'Between the Wars' SC2.0 campaign set in Berlin that I have been tempted to run for a while.

Between WWI and WWII was a bad time for Germany- both men and women prostituted themselves for American money, while the Mark kept plunging ever further. One American dollar could buy almost a week's worth of food.

Americans would take advantage of that.

That song, and that video, would fit that campaign very well.

The Auld Grump

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »

I've been listening to Jimi Hendrix's People, Hell & Angels. There's some damn fine music on there, and my Hendrix-loving mother in law agrees.

You can preview the tracks on YouTube if you're curious.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »

Journey of the Sorcerer (Kungfu Lemon Remix) This may have just become my definitive version of the track, though the Mik Jones remix is just as awesome

For comparison, the original version by the Eagles

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »

Adagio - Immigrant Song -- an itriguing instrumental cover of the classic Led Zepplin track.
DaGamba - Immigrant Song -- a slightly more conventional but still kickin' cello version

And of course

rathergood.com - Viking Kittens

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2013, 01:41:17 AM »

i just cant get this off my list.
town mountain, im on fire
no im not the biggest fan of springsteens singing. but man can the guy write a song.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2013, 08:58:34 AM »

"No Hopers, Jokers & Rogues"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 14, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »

M83 feat. Susanne Sundfør -- Oblivion

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »

I so love M83. That dude can do almost no wrong.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2013, 01:43:22 AM »

There is a 'Between the Wars' SC2.0 campaign set in Berlin that I have been tempted to run for a while.

Between WWI and WWII was a bad time for Germany- both men and women prostituted themselves for American money, while the Mark kept plunging ever further. One American dollar could buy almost a week's worth of food.

Americans would take advantage of that.

That song, and that video, would fit that campaign very well.

The Auld Grump
Ran the opening scenario tonight.

They have gotten to the part where the gentleman in the music video is found dead in that same place, allegedly after the Fraulein has left.

Borrowing shamelessly from this, the musical Cabaret, Norse mythology, Neil Gaiman's American Gods, and the movie Angel Heart. Add a dash of the flip side of Casablanca for the espionage element.

The gentleman is an American agent, one that has been abusing his relative wealth. Sleeping with both the German officers of WWI and their wives.

The woman is just what she appears to be - using her body to make a living in an era where a million marks cannot buy a loaf of bread. Elsa Adler, a married woman who's husband is also bound by the American and his money.

The American is found blood eagled, his lungs spread as wings.

Across the city of Berlin the German officer is found hanging from a tree, strangled, his gut pierced by a spear.

Elsa Adler has vanished.

The PCs are British agents, who were supposed to contact both the American and the German officer. (If they had set out early they could have found the bodies before the police, but they dawdled.)

Pretty sure that I managed to creep the players out. Smiley They hated the American agent, and thought that he would turn out to be the bad guy.... They sympathized with the German officer, but felt that he would end up a Nazi.

Instead they are both dead, in gruesome fashions, and Elsa was seen near both sites - apparently at the same moment, or nearly.

Elsa has become Valkyrie, a chooser of the slain.... War might have been averted or delayed, but is now inevitable. (The PCs could not have saved either man - the war was coming, regardless of the PC actions.)

Stopping her will not prevent WWII, merely limit how one faction benefits from the bloodshed.

In the rising dawn between WWI and WWII, old powers are stirring. The fourth horseman is coming, on a pale grey horse with eight legs.

Wodin was not the good guy - god of mad men, murderers, hanged men, and poets....

This is not Ragnarok, but it will fill the mists of Niffleheim with shades.... and the fingernails of those that die in the concentration camps will build the hull of Naglfar.

The old gods are parasites, drawing blood from the conflict as leeches.

The Auld Grump - I fully expect the PCs to blame Loki, who is still bound, and blameless in this... the closest that he comes to having an agent in this mess was the American, who dies in the prelude to the first act....

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: