Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 07:45:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  New Guns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Guns  (Read 61745 times)
Aragathor
Handler

The Black Mouse

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

Aragathor:

That gun is from the Solo of Fortune 2 for CyberPunk 2020.
It is intended for use by full conversion cyborgs.
I noticed that.  That's the reason I mentioned that it was a conversion.
I think it shows clearly that the modern set of rules we use for guns does not adapt easily to future games.
I can understand converting some Dieselpunk guns from Mutant Chronicles, but not SR or CP ones.

PS: Which reminds me, converting MC guns to SR is 10x harder than into SC.

Proud member of the Crafty Freelancer Posse®.

True nobility can not be inherited, it must be achieved.

"Endure and thrive."
Aragathor
Handler

The Black Mouse

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »

Here's one for MilitiaJim, a Mutant Chronicle classic:

P60 Punisher   Cal III                              
.45 ACP   1d12   1/19-20   13M4   16   25 ft   D/1h   TKD, DEP   2.5 lbs.   25/+1   -   $840

Proud member of the Crafty Freelancer Posse®.

True nobility can not be inherited, it must be achieved.

"Endure and thrive."
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »

I don't know about your gun, it looks like it has too many qualities.

It's not meant to be practical or easy to use - even for the player. I'm not aware of any upper limit to the amount of qualities a weapon can have, and any weapon that crosses over classes (hybrid tactical/shotgun) in this case is automatically going to have a bunch of qualities just to not break compatibility with the default rules (NFM, IMP etc. all come just from being a shotgun).

I would decrease the awesomeness of the gun a bit, after all it's now better than a minigun from the book.

How come? It's seriously stunted on the range department. For a Cal V weapon, it's a totally one-trick pony. Between this one and the OICW, the OICW would probably come out in top in all conceivable situations. The minigun also has the GAT quality and tons of more ammo. This one's so ammo-challenged, it's close to being useless on that department, as well.

I think it shows clearly that the modern set of rules we use for guns does not adapt easily to future games.

I disagree. I think that the system still has leeway for near-future (such as cyberpunk) weapons, due to the rather empty calibers IV and V. They'll stretch the system to its max, but I don't think they'll break it yet. I don't think my humorous project came even close to it. Smiley

Since I've now been disheartened, does somebody else want to take a look at the Magpul Masada/Bushmaster ACR variants and their calibers? Wiki-p lists 7,62x39mm, 6,5mm Grendel and 6,8mm Remington SPC in addition to the one my amigo ON did earlier.

Reapercussions
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »

Since I've now been disheartened, does somebody else want to take a look at the Magpul Masada/Bushmaster ACR variants and their calibers? Wiki-p lists 7,62x39mm, 6,5mm Grendel and 6,8mm Remington SPC in addition to the one my amigo ON did earlier.

Btw. I guess that would be a total of 16 statlines, as 4 different barrel lengths have been confirmed by Bushmaster. I'll stick to Sweet 16 and Shadow Play for now. Smiley

Reapercussions
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 26, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »

Btw. I guess that would be a total of 16 statlines, as 4 different barrel lengths have been confirmed by Bushmaster. I'll stick to Sweet 16 and Shadow Play for now. Smiley

Originally the Masada could be fed 5.56mm NATO, 5.45mm Combloc, 7.62x39mm and 6.8mm Remington SPC with the proper magazines and barrels. The 6.5mm Grendel was added later.
There were 5 different barrel lengths at various points.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »

Originally the Masada could be fed 5.56mm NATO, 5.45mm Combloc, 7.62x39mm and 6.8mm Remington SPC with the proper magazines and barrels. The 6.5mm Grendel was added later.
There were 5 different barrel lengths at various points.

It's a charming little bit of kit, isn't it?

Here's Bushmaster's official 1-page brochure for it: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bushmater-acr.jpg

I think a lot depends on if they have magical luck(tm) and get the weapon officially adopted for govt use in the US.

Reapercussions
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2009, 09:25:50 PM »

I think a lot depends on if they have magical luck(tm) and get the weapon officially adopted for govt use in the US.
While you're dreaming, would you like a pony?

With than many calibers they have a good chance of making a buck selling semi-auto version in the US.  (I still want a FN SCAR heavy.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2009, 01:39:55 AM »

While you're dreaming, would you like a pony?

I think its their dream, not mine. Wink

Considering the RK62 is the only weapon I've ever fired in my life, I'd be very interested in trying out a more modern 7,62x39mm rifle, one of these days.

Yeah, you guessed, coz I SUCKED with it. I'm going to blame it partially on the fact the weapon was nine years older than I was, even if it has nothing to do with it. Tongue

Reapercussions
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:09 AM »

Considering the RK62 is the only weapon I've ever fired in my life, I'd be very interested in trying out a more modern 7,62x39mm rifle, one of these days.

Yeah, you guessed, coz I SUCKED with it. I'm going to blame it partially on the fact the weapon was nine years older than I was, even if it has nothing to do with it. Tongue

I shot within 1 MOA from the day one  Wink

I'd love to try the Masada and quite a few of the guns on this thread.

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »

I shot within 1 MOA from the day one  Wink

I'd love to try the Masada and quite a few of the guns on this thread.

I think I lost all interest when my best score was disqualified on a technicality. "But you've already shot the test once during this 2-month cycle..." Tongue

Reapercussions
The Quiet Albertan
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »

A request from someone not so great at statting weapons, anyone feel like knocking up some numbers for some WWII Japanese weapons, and possibly the Russian Nagant M1895?
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

A request from someone not so great at statting weapons, anyone feel like knocking up some numbers for some WWII Japanese weapons, and possibly the Russian Nagant M1895?

I'm busy with RL the first half of this week, but I can take a look at them.
The cartridges will be the biggest part as none are statted.

What specific Japanese weapons are you looking?

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »

I thought the Nagant was in the book already... And that Anderson (or OverNinja, the memory is going) did some Japanese WWII weapons up already.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
The Quiet Albertan
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2010, 04:05:24 PM »

I'm busy with RL the first half of this week, but I can take a look at them.
The cartridges will be the biggest part as none are statted.

What specific Japanese weapons are you looking?

I'll get back to you with a list of suggestions when I'm not at work, as well as maybe a few pre-WWII European gun suggestions if that's alright? 
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »

I thought the Nagant was in the book already...

The Mosin-Nagant M1891 rifle is. What he is asking is the Nagant M1895 revolver.

I'll get back to you with a list of suggestions when I'm not at work, as well as maybe a few pre-WWII European gun suggestions if that's alright? 

OK

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: