Author Topic: New Guns  (Read 107312 times)

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
Re: New Guns
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:22 AM »
Mmmm, thread necromancy.  Anyhoo.

The new Kalashnikov sidearm:
Spoiler: Large Image • show
The PL-14 Lebedev.  Standard 9mm damage, maybe a longer range increment or a +1 to damage for the longer barrel.  A pity they aren't, yet, offering it in a good caliber.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Morgenstern

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
  Well, I'd argue 9mm is a 'good caliber'... for a smaller shooter :). Still hoping to get a smooth heft/recoil mechanic for dealing with firearms in contemporary and sci-fi settings.
At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
Making some Cyberpunk and Sci-fi :)

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »
  Well, I'd argue 9mm is a 'good caliber'... for a smaller shooter :). Still hoping to get a smooth heft/recoil mechanic for dealing with firearms in contemporary and sci-fi settings.
I think 9mm is the worst of both (.17 Hornet and .45ACP) worlds.  Not big enough for consistent stopping, and too big to poke lots of holes.  Go big or go small, medium is drek.  (I think training and big is the way to go, but YMMV and METT-T.)
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)