Author Topic: New Guns  (Read 91748 times)

Aragathor

• Handler
  • The Black Mouse
    • View Profile
Re: New Guns
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »
They replaced it with an arabic/muslim themed Sundiata which fields janissaries etc.
But most of the old fanbase left thhe developers forum because the company has been developing the game for more than 2 years now, and they keep pushing the release date forward like a wheelcart.

If Crafty Games got the license then the game would probably be already out (or at least almost there).
Proud member of the Crafty Freelancer Posse®.

True nobility can not be inherited, it must be achieved.

"Endure and thrive."

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2009, 10:03:37 PM »
So, you guys know the OICW?  Of course you do, who doesn't?  You also know that the program is effectively dead in the water.  So, what are intrepid agents supposed to do for firepower?

Why, use the South Koreans version, of course!  That's right, South Korea has recently unveiled their version of the XM29, the XK11.

Whether this has any connection to Ghost Recon 2 finally being released over there is debatable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it.

EDIT: Gah!  Just double-checked the date, and this news has been out for at least a year now.  Oh well, it's new to me anyway...  :P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:27:44 PM by RusVal »

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
It wouldn't be the first time Daewoo and the Korean Army took an abandoned US design, tweaked it a bit to meet their needs and deployed it. If patter here holds (well one, as far as I know, data point doesn't make a trend, work with me here) we'll see someone put a US version in production in twenty years, everyone will agree it's needed, and then it will be forgotten about.
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
PSN: Krensky_   Steam + GOG: Krensky

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Spoiler: How would you stat this? • show

MugMug

• Control
  • Tin Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
How would you stat this?

Why would you stat that? :P

Walter

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
How would you stat this?

Why would you stat that? :P

Walter

To support an insanity plea for bludgeoning the player who ask for it over the heard with the old printing?
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery

Tegyrius

• Agent
  • Somebody Else's Problem
    • View Profile
    • De Fenestra
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2009, 04:34:28 AM »
I dunno.  It seems like the perfect complement to the rocket-propelled chainsaw.

- C.
Clayton A. Oliver • Writer of Fortune

And in this moment/I will not run, it is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope/Within our bloodied hands

- The Cruxshadows, Winter Born

MKelly

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »

:)I've searched the thread but I cannot seem to find a couple of weapons, so lets try to get this moving again.
 Has anyone stated the MG21, or the new Mk48 Machinegun that was just deployed to the sand box?

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2009, 03:54:15 AM »
Mk 48 is easy:  M-240 damage, the rest as per M-249 SAW.  They are both Caliber IV.  You might want to increase the recoil, but I'm not sure if that is accurate.  (M-240 and M-249 I know, Mk 48 they wouldn't get me.  :'( )
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:19 AM »
Mk 48 is easy:  M-240 damage, the rest as per M-249 SAW.  They are both Caliber IV.  You might want to increase the recoil, but I'm not sure if that is accurate.  (M-240 and M-249 I know, Mk 48 they wouldn't get me.  :'( )

Bump the recoil a little and drop the weight to match the data sheet.

MKelly

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2009, 07:54:22 AM »

Thanks.

Nepenthe

• Control
  • High Priest of the Cult of Crafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
Since we're going for the BIG guns  :P

Tsunami Arms Helix (10-gauge six-barrel gun with a ROF of 1300 rounds per minute)

Adapted from Cyberpunk 2020s Solo of Fortune 2

Semiautomatic shotguns - caliber V

Tsunami Arms Helix:
10 gauge (slug)    3d8+1   1-3/18-20   60M2   24    30ft.   S/2h     BLK, IMP, MAS, NFM (B/F), NSP (tactical), NUL (1U), PUN, SAF, TKD, UPG (laser sight, muzzle brake, vertical foregrip)   33lbs.   2    27/+1      2020    R30,000
10 gauge (shot)    5d4+2   1-3/20        60M2   24    30ft.   S/2h     BLK, IMP, MAS, NFM (B/F), NSP (tactical), NUL (1U) PUN, SAF, TKD, UPG (laser sight, muzzle brake, vertical foregrip)   33lbs.    2    27/+1      2020    R30,000

Went with NFM(B/F) over GAT just because even at the high ROF, it's nowhere near what 'real' GAT-type weapons do(, right?). Could be just F, too, but...

Bored, sick and trying to learn this subsystem too, so whaddya think?

Edit: Yeah, I did overlook something

Edit2: updated with feedback from Overninja
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:55:16 AM by Nepenthe »
Reapercussions

Aragathor

• Handler
  • The Black Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Sorry for the late reply. ;)

Here's the MG21:

MG21   Cal IV                              
7,62x51mm NATO  4d4+2  1-2/19-20   30M3 or 80D1 or 100B1   7   250 ft.   M/2h   UPG (Bipod), IMP, SLA, DEP   20 lbs.    
25/+1     1961   R$5000

Nepenthe:

I don't know about your gun, it looks like it has too many qualities. Additionally it's chambered in 10 ga., a shell that is effectively dying right now (the 12 ga. can match the 10 ga. and it's much more easy on the user). In fact only some American state patrols use 10 ga. shotguns with slugs, the rest uses 12 ga.
But it's a conversion...
I would decrease the awesomeness of the gun a bit, after all it's now better than a minigun from the book.

Proud member of the Crafty Freelancer Posse®.

True nobility can not be inherited, it must be achieved.

"Endure and thrive."

OverNinja

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »
Aragathor:

That gun is from the Solo of Fortune 2 for CyberPunk 2020.
It is intended for use by full conversion cyborgs.
"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."

Nepenthe

• Control
  • High Priest of the Cult of Crafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Overkill was, indeed, the name of the game there (both in the concept and the way I went about it!  :D).

Maybe I'll tackle a (semi-)original corresponding product next, the Mako Ballistics Firestorm. See what I can do then... :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:08:13 PM by Nepenthe »
Reapercussions