Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 05:01:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  Binding problems? :(
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Binding problems? :(  (Read 3002 times)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

We apologize for the inconvenience. For the record, the problem is that Spycraft 2.0 is a BIG BOOK - the biggest Mongoose has produced - and that it sometimes appears fine at the facility but winds up having minor defects that become major ones in transit. Fortunately, from what we're seeing, the issue is fairly rare. Given the number of books reportedly sold, the number of binding errors has actually been relatively low.

It is more important to me how a company deals with the problems that exist than having a flawless product, since a flawless product is just a pipe-dream.  It is better by far to just own up to problems and address them rather than point fingers and proclaim it is someone elses fault.

To their credit, everything I have heard here is that Mongoose has been very responsive to their customer's problems.  Despite the binding problems some people have had, their handling of the problem earns them customer respect and confidence.

If I read this thread and saw people had binding (or any other) issues and Mongoose turned a deaf ear and blind eye, I would seriously consider not ordering anything from them.  As is, I am much more apt to peruse the rest of their library, secure in knowing that, ultimately, I'll get what I paid for.

Printing and binding problems can be addressed, but poor customer service will remove any need for them to do so.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 04:12:49 AM »

We apologize for the inconvenience. For the record, the problem is that Spycraft 2.0 is a BIG BOOK - the biggest Mongoose has produced - and that it sometimes appears fine at the facility but winds up having minor defects that become major ones in transit. Fortunately, from what we're seeing, the issue is fairly rare. Given the number of books reportedly sold, the number of binding errors has actually been relatively low.

It is more important to me how a company deals with the problems that exist than having a flawless product, since a flawless product is just a pipe-dream.  It is better by far to just own up to problems and address them rather than point fingers and proclaim it is someone elses fault.

To their credit, everything I have heard here is that Mongoose has been very responsive to their customer's problems.  Despite the binding problems some people have had, their handling of the problem earns them customer respect and confidence.

If I read this thread and saw people had binding (or any other) issues and Mongoose turned a deaf ear and blind eye, I would seriously consider not ordering anything from them.  As is, I am much more apt to peruse the rest of their library, secure in knowing that, ultimately, I'll get what I paid for.

Printing and binding problems can be addressed, but poor customer service will remove any need for them to do so.
While I have heard many complaints about Mongoose, I have never heard that they were unresponsive. (For what it is worth, I have generally liked Mongoose products, flaws and all. I am old enough to remember how bad editing used to be in RPGs - I have built up a resistance. Heck, sometimes it inspires nostalgia! Tongue )

The Auld Grump, who remembers the unexplained acronyms in Dungeons & Dragons (1975)....

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Ferretz
Agent

The ferrets are restless!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 07:04:15 AM »

I'm amazed on how quickly Mongoose responded when I told them about the problem and how eager they were to help me out and send me a new book. So despite binding problems, Mongoose got a star in my book for great service. Smiley

E.

"So far the shock of finding a disembodied, screaming head in a box, causes a greater response." -Result of Brainiac science experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: