Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 07:09:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?  (Read 37202 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »

GURPS Campaign Generation
Randomly select two books from your shelves, combine them (somehow) to make your campaign setting.

Great fun if you happen to have a stack of Gurps sourcebooks.  Hmmm, Arabian Nights meets Black Ops? or Cyberpunk meets Bunnies & Burrows!?

IOU and anything.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »

GURPS Campaign Generation
Randomly select two books from your shelves, combine them (somehow) to make your campaign setting.

Great fun if you happen to have a stack of Gurps sourcebooks.  Hmmm, Arabian Nights meets Black Ops? or Cyberpunk meets Bunnies & Burrows!?

I think SJ Games ran an event like this, but they had two sourcebooks + 1 adventure that the GM had to combine.

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
Arakor
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2010, 08:27:48 AM »

Qualities to avoid?  This is my group's go-to quality! Wink  We often have unironic fantasy type characters and missions in modern spy games [vice versa too], which makes me chuckle inside.
But have the entire settings been using tropes from another genre?  I'm not talking about playing one or two fantasy characters in an otherwise usual Spycraft game, I mean playing the entire setting of a Modern Spycraft game the same way you would play a "standard" fantasy game.

Isn't this "Wraith Recon"?
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1883&qsSeries=RuneQuest%20II

SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

Yeah, that's a good example.  (Though personally I prefer mixtures that seem less plausible, such as playing in a modern setting like it's D&D.)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »

Like Dragonstar or, if I recall correctly, X-Crawl.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »

Both solid examples. Although, you could easily add on the Fragile Minds from SC2.0 to get shows X-Files and sounds like Fringe too.

Living Spycraft Masterm
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

Like Dragonstar or, if I recall correctly, X-Crawl.
X-Crawl sounds like the sort of thing you would get if the Variance Analysis Office called it quits in the 60's, took the information, and set up a few colleges...

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: