Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 06:09:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?  (Read 33593 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »

I just can't believe that Commodore has been gone for so long - ten years ago my computer of choice was still the Amiga, and yes, Commodore was long gone even then. Sad I still miss Amiga Basic, a programming language that was so user friendly that it would climb into your lap and purr.)

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.acube-systems.biz/

They aren't cheap though.
Actually, those are less expensive than I expected. I kind of semipseudosortof knew about ACube from the webcomic Sabrina Online.

It has been long enough that all my library of Amiga software is gone, but it is still tempting. Part of it is the warm light of nostalgia, and remembering programs like Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set and Sid Meir's Pirates. (On the Amiga version you could split up your fleet, and 'park' a chunk of it as a safety precaution. I loved that computer.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »

I'd do these myself, but I don't own the Spycraft rules.  Still, they've got to be worth something:

Prequel:

Reboot:

30-minute toy commercial:

Thread Necromancy: Wink
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

I'd do these myself, but I don't own the Spycraft rules.  Still, they've got to be worth something:

Prequel: (+0XP, Prerequisite: must not be Campaign's first Season, Mission Only):
Players must use the original first level characters that they created when the campaign began, and gain no experience for the mission, but do gain two extra action dice every session, and even if Revolving Door is not a current Campaign Quality characters come back at the end of the mission, unharmed and with no loss of Net Worth or Reputation.

Reboot: (+0XP, Prerequisite: Must Not Be Campaign's First Season, Season Only)
Players must use the names of the original first level characters that they created when the campaign began, creating new characters using those names. The recreated characters are generated with 40 points rather than 36.

Been a while since I have done this, and they seem off somehow.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2010, 07:56:56 PM »

Shoulder Angels: +0XP Each character has two little people who sit on his or her shoulders. Each of these little people is played by the players who sit at the character concerned. These are the player's 'shoulder angels'. The one on right is an angel, and acts as a conscience, giving advice to help others, brush their teeth, and help little old ladies cross the street. The one on the left hand is a devil, and advices naughty actions, telling the character to take the last cookie on the tray, kick puppies, and push little old ladies under a bus.

If the character follows either ones advice than the advising shoulder angel gains an action die that must be used by the end of the scene.

Shoulder Host: +0XP, Season Only, Requirement: Shoulder Angels. Everybody plays everybody else's shoulder angels. Each player assigns each other player a role in the Shoulder Angel Host, making up the roles to fit both the character and the players. (So, Julie, how'd you like to be my Lust?) If the player accepts any of the advice then the advising angel gains an action die that must be used by the end of the scene.

The Auld Grump, who has been reading Narbonic again....

Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2010, 01:17:40 AM »

Shoulder Angels: +0XP Each character has two little people who sit on his or her shoulders. Each of these little people is played by the players who sit at the character concerned. These are the player's 'shoulder angels'. The one on right is an angel, and acts as a conscience, giving advice to help others, brush their teeth, and help little old ladies cross the street. The one on the left hand is a devil, and advices naughty actions, telling the character to take the last cookie on the tray, kick puppies, and push little old ladies under a bus.

If the character follows either ones advice than the advising shoulder angel gains an action die that must be used by the end of the scene.

I'm going to use this one!

Reapercussions
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »

That feels a lot like the Shadowguide in Wraith: the Oblivion.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »

Power Gamer: -100XP, Seasons Only: All attacks made by special characters automatically cause maximum damage. Attacks made with katanas, or by characters wielding two or more weapons at once have the cost to confirm critical threats reduced by 1 action die (minimum 0).

Fat Beard: 0XP, Seasons Only: Any time a player derails the game to regale the rest of the team with tales of how the current situation mirrors something that happened in a game he played in the 1970s, he gains 1 action die.

Rules Lawyer: 0XP: Each time a player accurately corrects one of the GC's rulings (and cites an appropriate page number), his XP reward for that mission is cumulatively increased by 1%.

Wallflower: +50XP, Seasons Only: Each time a player misses his turn in a combat round, he gains a action die. Each time a player completes a scene without saying anything in-character, he heals all vitality damage.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

That feels a lot like the Shadowguide in Wraith: the Oblivion.
Heh- I do seem to recall that. Smiley I never much played Wraith, not much interest in it locally. I would have enjoyed running Wraith: the Great War....

Shoulder Angel Host in Action:

Like Shaenon Garrity I was a huge fan of Barnaby, dang I wish there was a compilation of Barnaby available.

The Auld Grump, member: The Elves Gnomes, & Little Men's Marching & Chowder Society.

Gentry