Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:34:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?  (Read 34932 times)
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2008, 05:36:48 PM »

That one actually sounds fun! Especially if the MgGuffin is what's causing the time loops (see Window of Opportunity episode of Stargate SG-1).

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »

After School Special (+10 XP, Characters Learn an Important Lesson, Mission Only):
Not only was the bad guy defeated, but you all learned an important moral lesson. Whether the lesson is to always look both ways when crossing the street, to always chew your food, or never to lie to your Control, there is always something to be learned, and you can enjoy the warm glow of improved self-worth.

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:33:47 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

Pointy Haired Control (+25XP, Seasons Only):
Your agency has recently been assimilated by another, larger agency. This is your new Control:

You expect your boss to be dishonest, he's a spymaster for cripe's sake! But incompetent?!

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:26:30 AM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2008, 12:43:42 AM »

Unannounced flashbacks (variable XP):  Sometimes things just don't make sense.  I mean they really don't make sense and it isn't until the very end that things start to become clearer...or does it?  Immediately following the Intel phase for the current mission, the GC should choose at random which of the scenes to run first.  After the first scene is complete, and after each subsequent scene is completed, the GC should choose one random scene from those not yet played.  After all of the scenes have been played, the mission is considered complete.  In addition to the normal XP that is awarded for the mission, if the PCs can correctly reorder the scenes into their proper format, they earn an additional 25xp per scene.  At the GCs discretion, a player may earn an additional 25xp per scene if he had the foresight to plan for an Unannounced Flashback (i.e. A player voluntarily removing himself from the mission when you are playing scene 3 because he knew that he was going to die when you ran through scene 2 later, would merit this bonus xp).

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2008, 02:24:17 AM »

I had to after seeing The Auld Grump's post...

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2008, 02:41:46 AM »

And Bob Was There Too. (+0XP, Season Only):
Who is he? Why is he there? Why is he in every scene in every mission? You do not know, and you may never find out.

The Auld Grump
*EDIT* Sad to say, I may paint up a mini of the guy, just to see if any of my players even notice....

*EDIT* Grrr, I swear he waited for me to link to his site before rebuilding it....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:46:59 AM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

Hentai (0 xp):  All Agents must be female, and all receive +3 to their appearance modifier.  All villain NPCs, standard or special, gain the use of a single Natural Attack in the form of a prehensile (and suggestively shaped) tentacle sprouting from any unnatural (but easily hidden) area of their anatomy.  This Natural Attack grants the villain NPC a +4 Icky Bonus to all checks made as part of a grapple, and to all checks that would be opposed by an Agent's Resolve skill.

This quality may be applied multiple times.  Each time it is applied, villain NPCs gain an additional tentacle.

And just to help fill your "Egads!" tank:  http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=54698&src=FrontPage

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »

This topic's about wound to a halt.  Time for Classic status, says I.  Smiley

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »

Done and done!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »

Done and done!
Classic (+1,000XP, Mission Only) :  Your mission is destined for greatness.  Stories will be told of your mission (or this thread) for decades to come.  All skill caps are lifted.  Threat ranges are tripled.  Failure ranges are halved.  The GC loses half his Action Dice every scene.  Finally, during the Intel Phase, all requisitions are successful, and if possible, the quantity of items gained is 1.5x the requested amount.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

It Was A Laundry List (-20XP, Mission Only): Something is 'off' about the mission - no minions of evil, no mastermind, heck, at this point you'd like to see somebody littering! Somehow the Agency has managed to misinterpret something completely innocuous - and you have been following someones shopping list, recommended reading list, or other useless piece of paper.... There is no Mission.

The Auld Grump, who rewatched D'Artagnan's  Daughter a few nights ago....

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »

Spycraft is a Cinematic game, eh? Time for...

Hollywood Spycraft (+10XP Season only):
As everyone knows that Hollywood is a bed of intrigue and espionage. What everyone does not know is that all the most famous faces in cinema are really agents, double agents, moles, and Controls! Every Agent must have an alternate identity as an actor who's name has actually appeared in the credits, and play the character accordingly.

Holding to Schedule (Prerequisite Hollywood Spycraft, +15XP):
 Not only must you complete the mission, but you must bring out the movie on time and under budget!

These might go well with the Product Endorsement quality, right Mr. Spielberg?

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:48:00 AM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »

In keeping with the weekend...

Oscar Performance (Missions Only, +0 XP): Once per scene, each character may submit his next action for Academy consideration. In addition to any rolls and determinations required for the action, the character makes an Impress (Cha) check. At the end of the mission, the character with the highest Impress check result wins Best Performance in a Spycraft Session and the coveted Bondie...

Optionally, this campaign quality may be applied to an entire season, in which case the best performance from each mission earns the character a nomination and a special seat at a grand gala to follow the climax of the story*.

* Grand gala may be substituted for pizza and a six pack of Jolt at the Game Control's house. Live action portrayals of the nominations are discouraged. Crafty Games accepts no liability for personal or property damage that may occur as a result of this gala. All secrets withheld.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »

Heh, you winkled out my motivation.... Tongue

The Auld Grump

itinerant
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »

Strict Purity (-1000xp, -5 GC Action Dice, Seasons Only)

No references, depictions or descriptions of guns, explosions, violence, gore, anger, race relations, theft, dishonesty or deception are allowed under any circumstances from either the PCs or the GC.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: