Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 10, 2014, 09:11:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?  (Read 34438 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »

Directed by Uwe Boll:  Whenever a player scores a threat, that threat is automatically downgraded to a critical failure.  During every scene, whenever a player makes a roll, flip a coin.  Heads, that roll is -10.  Tails, that roll is considered to have scored a threat.  Once per session, players may spend 1 Action Die, after suffering a critical failure,  to violently assault the GC without fear of legal ramifications.  (Honestly, who wouldn't punch Uwe Boll in the face if they met him?)

I think that fittingly describes a play session with Uwe Boll....

Shouldn't it be more like "All weapons are fully automatic and have bottomless clips. All female characters gain -2 to thier appearance modifier because they look like $2 hookers. The GC may at any time stand up and punch a player in the face, provided the player has just accussed the GC of being a bad GC, or if the player has criticised the game in any way."

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »

Paint Ball (-50XP):
All injured characters, even those who have been Killed or Destroyed in this scene may return to play with full abilities in the next scene, after having enough time to wipe off the splats from their previous injuries.

'Eat blue death Pitfall scum!' *Splat* 'Arrgh, I've been hit! Carry on without me guys! (Who has yellow paints?)'

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »

This thread, given time and some qualities has Classic potential written all over it... *wanders off to craft some goodies*

No kidding, and done. All of them so far are gold! Smiley

I'm only up to the quoted post so far, but Subtitled and Control is Your Friend have me in stitches!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »

As an additional note, this quality is somewhat serious... Here's my take on qualities for ParanoiaCraft:

Bleak, Bloodbath, Bottomless Clip, Comedy of Errors, Control is Your Friend, Faction, Fast Attributes, Fast Feats, Fast Growth, Fast Interests, Fast Proficiencies, Gritty, Paranoid, Rare Spectacle, Revolving Door, Shoe String Budget, Small Screen, Tense.

All the Fast qualities are to counter the massive agent body counts brought on by the qualities and proper play of this style. Smiley

Completely agree. I daresay that's pretty strong - strong enough that I'd play it right now.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »

Corporate Sponsored:  Each player gains +1 to their wealth & spending cash.  Every scene, each player must in some way incorporate or use the slogan or product of a major corporate entity.  If they do not, that player's wealth & spending cash are -5 from various corporate lawsuits for breach of contract / marketing.

Alex! Where's my worship smiley? I need it NOW!

EDIT: I was gonna list my faves but I can't. They're all genius. You all win. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:28:42 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 06:00:31 PM »

Control Bribery (Variable XP, Seasons only):
The quickest way to a Game Control's heart is though his stomach. By sacrificing foodstuffs and drink to the Man Behind the Screen player Special Characters can gain a variable amount of Action Dice and Experience Points as determined arbitrarily by the GC.

'What?! This pizza has anchovies! DIE!' - Game Control Walter Permagaur to player that chose poorly in the toppings of his sacrifice.
So how bad is it that I have games wehre I give xp for
1> Bringing snacks and drinks to the game to share with the group.
2> Being on time.

I should mention 2 points pretty much always go to the same one or two people.

90% of all statistics are wrong.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »

Hentai (0 xp):  All Agents must be female, and all receive +3 to their appearance modifier.  All villain NPCs, standard or special, gain the use of a single Natural Attack in the form of a prehensile (and suggestively shaped) tentacle sprouting from any unnatural (but easily hidden) area of their anatomy.  This Natural Attack grants the villain NPC a +4 Icky Bonus to all checks made as part of a grapple, and to all checks that would be opposed by an Agent's Resolve skill.

This quality may be applied multiple times.  Each time it is applied, villain NPCs gain an additional tentacle.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Chimera
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

Hentai (0 xp):  All Agents must be female, and all receive +3 to their appearance modifier.  All villain NPCs, standard or special, gain the use of a single Natural Attack in the form of a prehensile (and suggestively shaped) tentacle sprouting from any unnatural (but easily hidden) area of their anatomy.  This Natural Attack grants the villain NPC a +4 Icky Bonus to all checks made as part of a grapple, and to all checks that would be opposed by an Agent's Resolve skill.

This quality may be applied multiple times.  Each time it is applied, villain NPCs gain an additional tentacle.

Shouldn't the tentacles get some kind of "Charm" attack?  I mean at first there always seems to be a struggle, but it almost always ends in ....not struggling.

One things for sure... that'll take care of those virgin ears I keep hearing about.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:50:40 PM by Chimera » Logged

Join the SpyCraft Community to locate other SpyCraft GMs and Players near you! http://www.frappr.com/spycraft20community
Gentry