Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 10:14:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Humor] Campaign Qualities to Avoid?  (Read 36027 times)
itinerant
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »

Fanbois (-50 XP, +2 GC Action Dice per player)

All characters must be exact replicas of a character from a popular book or movie.  Any time something goes wrong in the mission, the PCs are obligated to whine and complain that such occurrence could never actually happen to their character because of their significant experience with [insert capability here] according to [insert extremely long retelling of a scene from one or more books/movies].

NOTE: The extra GC dice are d100s for throwing at the PCs when they begin their monologue.
itinerant
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »

Lurker (+0 XP)

One or more characters must remain silent for entire playing session, except for a single "Me Too" comment during a Dramatic Scene.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2008, 02:03:56 AM »

It's All True! (+10XP, 2 GC Action Dice): Mothman, Chupacabra, Elvis working at Burger King - it's all true! All Events and Encounters, no matter how unlikely, have their Action Dice cost dropped by 2. Event Trigger requirements may be ignored. Campaign Qualities that are designated Season Only may be activated by expending 2 GC Action Dice.

Tinfoil Hat (Prerequisite Quality - It's All True!-5XP, Scene or Mission Only): By wearing special protective gear the players increase the GC Action Die cost of triggering Events, Encounters, and Campaign Qualities by one. Because the characters are assumed to be wearing the special protective gear as well all Blend tests have their DCs increased by 5. Suitable protective gear includes swimming goggles, oversized headphones (but no radio), and, of course, tinfoil hats.

The Auld Grump, these could use some polishing I think....

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2008, 11:43:06 PM »

Game Within a Game (+0XP) As your players gather around the table to play the game, so do their characters....

'I waste him with my crossbow! Woo hoo!!!' (Captain James Bond, MI6)

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »

Monte's Experimental Haul (-75 XP): Each player character gains 1 feat per levels (rather than 1 per 3 career levels, as standard).

Admittedly the humor's in the title.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »

Talk Like A Pirate (+0XP): Aharr! This fine qualaytee givers yer an Action Die in every scene where yer manages  to use Pirate Talk in a believable, appropreeate (or outrageeouslee inappropreeate) manner, to the betterment of the barefaced lies adventuresome tales ye be spinnin'. To bad fer ye tat it can only be used the once per years, ye scurvy pocked dogs!

The Auld Grump, happy Talk Like a Pirate Day on the morrow.

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »

NMCI (- 25 XP):  While this quality is active, every skill check involving a "Computer Device" suffers a -2 penalty.  Further more, error ranges are increased by 3.  Skill caps are removed, however, all critical threat ranges are reduced by half (to a maximum of 20.)

"It's a computer!" "Yeah, but, it's the Navy computer.  I've seen paperweights that are more user friendly."

And yes.. I'm venting frustration today. lol.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:19 AM »

NMCI (- 25 XP):  While this quality is active, every skill check involving a "Computer Device" suffers a -2 penalty.  Further more, error ranges are increased by 3.  Skill caps are removed, however, all critical threat ranges are reduced by half (to a maximum of 20.)

"It's a computer!" "Yeah, but, it's the Navy computer.  I've seen paperweights that are more user friendly."

And yes.. I'm venting frustration today. lol.

Damn you marsupial!

I'd managed to finally repress all memory of my involvement with that hell spawned abomination.

* Krensky goes to whimper in the corner.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2009, 11:41:16 AM »

Krensky's Memory: (+25 XP):  Whenever a player can solicit a memory so damaging it causes Krensky to rock himself in a corner, +1 Action die.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

I spent a year and a half trying to explain to hostile (often solely because I was a contractor) people older then my father (who was almost sixty at the time) how to use a modern computer. Often people were retired, dismissive, or dead (in one case, discovered by one of the other trainers). All the while unsure if I'd have the job tomorrow because of EDS's horrible management style (Ok, team, you didn't meet the quota today, so we're firing two of you and increasing the quota for tomorrow). Having guns pointed at me for turning down the wrong street at the wrong time that I was supposed ot magically know was off limits while they did something without notice. Having to deal with DoD police who who didn't understand that the piece of paper on my dashboard was my registration until the sticker came, and he didn't have the jurisdiction to cite me for it anyway since he's not a PA State Trooper and he cited me for it while my car was parked and unoccupied and he never witnessed it being driven. The Federal Magistrate had some... choice words for him about that.

All for just a bit above minimum wage. The only bright spots in the whole period was the Aussie naval officer who took pity on me and gave me six pack of beer (wish I could remember the name, it was tasty and strong), the friendly and helpful Saudi officer who adjusted his schedule to help us out, and the ASW officer at Willow Grove who gave us a hats and a walk around of a P-3. Also, I guess there was a moment of schadenfreude over the guy who got fired for refusing to let me train him because I was wearing a wrist mala and a silver Buddha pendent. (All I had to do with it was marking "Refused Training" on his paperwork.)

* Krensky hands the marsupial his action die and goes back to twitching in the corner.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:43:41 PM by Krensky » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »

I remember, about twenty years ago or so, trying to teach a technophobic woman how to use Easy Script on the Commodore 64. I got her to be fairly comfortable with it, and left her to her own devices for a while.

During that time she decided that she wanted her output in columns, rather than the standard big block o' text. And she managed to do it without my help. In spite of the fact that the program did not have that feature! She could never explain how she got it to happen, all I could think of is that she somehow managed to trigger an undocumented feature. From that point on, whenever either of us wanted to use two columns we would go back to her save file, type in the columned format, then erase the old text, because we could never figure out how the hell she got it to happen that one time.

I am not sure if that counts as a critical success on her part, or a critical failure, or somehow both....

The Auld Grump
*EDIT* Fixed the date.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:07:39 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »

Ten?

I call shenanigans.

Twenty I might believe, but using a C64 in 1999 for anything of consequence? No buying it.

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »

Ten?

I call shenanigans.

Twenty I might believe, but using a C64 in 1999 for anything of consequence? No buying it.
Please! I am trying to tell myself that I'm not that old! Tongue (Yes, it was the early '90s, if not the late '80s and definitely not the late '90s. I just can't believe that Commodore has been gone for so long - ten years ago my computer of choice was still the Amiga, and yes, Commodore was long gone even then. Sad I still miss Amiga Basic, a programming language that was so user friendly that it would climb into your lap and purr.)

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* Worse - the RPG company that I used to do freelance work for when I first came to Portland has now been gone for almost thirty years.... Bad case of the tempus fidgets just now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:12:39 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »

Grognard (-50XP, Season Only. Requirement: Players over forty years of age)
Every time a player or the GC remembers something similar happening from a game more than twenty years ago all players and/or the GC participating in the shared memory gain one Action Die.

Old Timer's Disease (+10 XP, Season Only, Requirement Grognard)
Everytime that a Player or the GC misremembers something similar happening from a game more than twenty years ago the misremembering player must sacrifice one of his Action Dice to each player and/or the GC correcting him.

The Auld Grump

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2009, 08:45:13 PM »

I just can't believe that Commodore has been gone for so long - ten years ago my computer of choice was still the Amiga, and yes, Commodore was long gone even then. Sad I still miss Amiga Basic, a programming language that was so user friendly that it would climb into your lap and purr.)

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.acube-systems.biz/

They aren't cheap though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:51:40 PM by Krensky » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: