Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 09:34:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  Terrain and Vehicle Models?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrain and Vehicle Models?  (Read 28976 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »

I nominte this thread for the Classic Topics board.

TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2010, 08:23:56 PM »

That sailing ship looks just pathetic next to the WorldWorks games ones.

On the other hand, I might do more with that one than just have it sit on my hard-drive (though probably not).
To be fair though - a 13th century cog is a very different beast than a 17th century brigandine. Smiley The World Works model has the benefit of another few hundred years of ship design, not to mention cannon.... I certainly have room for both.

In a battle between the two... the WWG Maiden would be faster (less troughing, greater sail/mass ratio), better armed (cannon!), and have a bigger crew (maybe about four times that of the cog).... Definitely a predator/prey relationship.

In Fantasy Craft terms, the Maiden belongs to the Age of Reason, the cog is Feudal Age.

The Auld Grump, We were schooner-rigged and rakish, with a long and lissome hull,
And we flew the pretty colours of the cross-bones and the skull....

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

I nominte this thread for the Classic Topics board.

Done.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2010, 04:13:35 PM »

Not quite terrain but close:

Running a serial in Illinois? You may be interested in the NIU Alumni & Visitors centre

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »

Free model from World Works for Hallowe'en.

The Auld Grump, good for Darkest Hour, I think....

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »

Ugh. ***SOLD OUT!***this sale***SOLD OUT!*** on the Robo Cutter caught me with my guard down. I don't know how long the sale is going to last, but I do know that I am $130 poorer than I was less than an hour ago. Silhouette SD - $129.99, with free shipping.

Fortunately I was able to get my order in before my inner tightwad could catch me up - this will make the TLX builds so much easier! Heck, it means that I will be able to use the sets as intended, readying a whole bunch of pieces for assemble at the table.

The Auld Grump, who realizes that he is probably the only one here excited by this, but....
The sale is coming back 'round again, not quite as good - $180 this year, but keeping the free shipping. From a preview of the sale:

After Thanksgiving Sale
Craft-e-Corner will be offering the best prices and deals of the year for our After Thanksgiving Sale! Weíll have products up to 75% Off!!! Here is a sneak peek at the great prices and sale discounts you will be able to Gobble up:
- Cricut Expression Machine only $199.99!!! Thatís over 55% Off the regular price!
- Cricut Expression Machine with 2 cartridges only $229.99!!! Thatís 54% Off the regular price!
- Cricut Gypsy Machine only $119.99!!! Thatís 60% Off!!!
- Silhouette SD machine only $179.99!!!
- Making Memories Slice Elite Machines only $99.99!!

All with Free Shipping in the US. All of these items make great Christmas Gifts.
Our sale starts Black Friday, November 26th, 2010 but unlike most stores this sale lasts all weekend long. Donít go to a big box store and wait in line only to find out the item you wanted just sold out. Donít take your chances, donít fight the traffic and the crowds. Stay home, relax and take advantage of our Free US Shipping. Youíll be glad you did. We will be sending an email out the Wednesday before Thanksgiving that will have all of the details of this great sales opportunity. We will also have Cricut Cartridges and many other different products at great prices sale on Cyber Monday, November 29th, 2010.

http://www.craft-e-corner.com/p-1437-silhouette-sd-machine.aspx

I am likely to be picking up a spare blade or three. Smiley

Most of the paper terrain and miniatures companies seem to be favoring the Silhouette SD over the Cricut.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »

Two different castles, for two different reasons-
Fat Dragon has just released Castle Winterhawk, currently available for $11.04.

And World Works has a Black Friday sale running on a bundle of Castle Works Ultimate and Interior Works: Castles & Keeps, for $10.00

Both are modular kits for building castles. Though the World Works sets are somewhat older I think that the castle is slightly superior. More dated is the Interior Works set that is included, but since the bundle is selling for less than castle alone.... The Interior Works set also includes the single prop that I have used more than any other - a spiral stairs.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2011, 03:23:53 AM »

Standing in for a Vertibird for my Friday night Spycraft/Fallout game:

An Air Hogs Crossfire from Toys 'R' Us, with a different paint job.

The downside: Having to hide the remote from my players....

The Auld Grump, not been needed yet, next week they are dealing with a mutant elephant near the Freakshow....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: