1a. Hero - Origin
You are an intelligent humanoid ape. Your kind make brutal but efficient soldiers, good at following orders.
Common Personality Traits: Ill-Tempered, Vengeful.
Common Physical Traits: Heavy build. Hairy body. Slow moving, Clumsy
Example Names : Aldar
Splinter Race Feats: None.
Type: Medium Biped Folk with a Reach of 1. Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
Attributes: Str +2, Dex -2, Con +2 (3)
Restricted Actions: Kick attacks, Swim and Disable Actions (-1)
Enlightened Athletics (1)
Enlightened Intimidate (1)
Improved Sense (scent) (1)
Superior Climber I (0.5)
Sterner Stuff (0.5)
Natural Attack: Bite I (1)
Common Physical Traits: Heavy build. Hairy body.
Example Names :
Splinter Race Feats: None.
Common Personality Traits: Ill-Tempered.
Common Physical Traits: Medium build. Brown Fur. Yellow Eyes
Example Names : Gort, Meerclaw,
Splinter Race Feats:
Attributes: +2 Dexterity (2.5)
Cat Fall (1)
Darkvision I (1)
Natural Attack: Claw I (1)
Limited Proficiencies (-0.5)
A race of former-savages. Seven-foot canine people with a horrible heritage, trying to make their way amongst the civilised races.
Common Personality Traits: Bloodthirsty, honorable, listless, savage
Common Physical Traits: Coarse fur, heavily-muscled, intimidating smile, ritual scars
Example Names: Higher caste and tribal Gnolls use their original names like: Crag, Ednond and Illogan. Lower caste city-dwellers rename themselves after a tool or characteristic like: Broken Fang, Mace, Razor and Three-Scar
Splinter Race Feats: TBA. Unless your possess one of these, you are a ‘plains gnoll’.
Type: Medium (1×1) biped Folk with a Reach of 1. Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
- Attributes: +2 Strength, -4 Wisdom
- Base speed: 40 ft.
- Low Light Vision
- Natural Attack: Bite I
- Bloodhound: Your base scent range is equal to your Wisdom x 10 ft. and you gain a +6 bonus with Tracking checks.
- Thick Hide 3: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides DR 3. It does not stack with other armor, if you gain Thick Hide from other sources it offers the highest DR + 1 per additional hide benefit.
Humans in Plague World fall into three types:
a) Humans frozen in cryogenic sleep before the Spanhi Invasion and recently awakened. (They are created as Human PCs from FC but with access to Modern Era Origins such as the Special Forces specialty below .)
b) People raised in isloated Enclaves or Vaults. (They are created as FC characters and often take the Vault-dweller Specialty. See below)
c) Humans surviving in the wilderness or in settlements. (As FC PCs with backgrounds such as Tribesman or Nomad.)
You were born in the wastelands of the future and only your toughness and strange abilities have helped you survive.
- +2 Con, -2 Int (1)
- Contagion Resistance 6 (1)
- You gain a +1 insight bonus with Fortitude saves. This bonus increases by an additional +1 at Career Levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20. (4)
- Reviled: The disposition of any character that does not share your native culture and is aware of your Origin is reduced by 1 grade. (-1)
- Bonus Feat: Mutation Basics (2)
Size/Type: Medium biped Folk (1x1, Reach 1)
Attributes: +2 Intelligence, +2 Any, -2 Any
-Base Speed: 40ft
-Cat Fall: You suffer 1 less die of damage from falling
-Darkvision II: You ignore all ambient light penalties.
-Inquisitive Mind: You gain 2 additional interests
-Iron Gut: You gain an insight bonus equal to your Con modifier on saves
against poisons and diseases
-Light Sensitive: Any time you enter a more brightly lit area, you take 20
points of flash damage.
-Reviled: The disposition of non-ratfolk toward you decreases by 5
-Sharp Ears:Your hearing range increments are equal to your Wisdom score
x10ft. Also, you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.
Saurian. As per FC rulebook p. xx.
RootWalker. In this setting, Rootwalkers are Mutant Trees.
Unborn (Species Feats: Robot, Android, Cyborg)
Common Talents: Grizzled,
Archer (eg A Catfolk Hunter or townsman warrior may be skilled with crossbows. Plains Nomads are excellent bowmen and women.)
Barbarian (eg Gnoll)
Bard (eg a Teller of the Plains Nomads)
Corsair (Eg a Pirate of the Inland Sea)
Merchant (eg a Trader)
Musketeer (eg Some more advanced towns and cities have Black Powder Weapons)
It's up to you to stop things from breaking down... and then try and hold them together when they do.
Bonus Feat: Expert Disarm
Charming: Once per session, you may improve the disposition of any 1 non-adversary NPC by 5.
Natural Insight: You gain 1 rank in Sense Motive and a +1 morale bonus to all Sense Motive checks. Apply this bonus rank before spending skill points.
Paired Skills: Each time you gain 1 or more ranks in the Impress skill, you also gain an equal number of ranks in the Intimidate skill. This may not increase your Intimidate skill beyond its maximum rank.
Trap-sense: You may roll twice when making reflex saves prompted by a security device or trap, keeping the result you prefer.
You take what you want, and live at the expense of others.
- Bonus Feat: Hard Core (1)
- You gain a +1 insight bonus with Intimidate and Streetwise checks. This bonus increases by an additional +1 at Career Levels 4, 8, 16, and 20. (4)
- You gain the Blunt & SMG proficiencies. (1.5)
Whether an FSA Marine, a Ranger or any of the others, you are one of the toughest hombres in the armed forces, with a real 'go anywhere, do anything' attitude.
Requirements: Tactics 4+ ranks, Interest (Skydiving), Proficiency (Edged, Small arms, Unarmed)
- Bonus Feat: Pathfinder Basics.
- Attribute Training: The lower of your Constitution or Strength increases by 1 (your choice in the case of a tie). This bonus is applied after any attribute modifiers from your Species or Talent.
- Linguist: You gain 2 additional language Interests.
- Paired Skills: Each time you gain 1 or more ranks in the Athletics skill, you also gain an equal number of ranks in the Sneak skill. This may not increase your Sneak skill beyond its maximum rank.
- Skill Focus: You gain the Crafting skill's Chemistry focus.
- Trackless Step: The DC of Survival/Tracking checks to follow your trail is increased by 10.
You’ve spent your entire life living cut off from the post apocalyptic world, unaware of events outside. However you are better educated and equipped than the vast majority of people.
- Bonus Feat: Any Gear feat (1)
- Any checks with the Gear or Gear Only tags have their error range increased by 1 if you lack access to the appropriate Calibre II or better kit or other relevant item (such as Computer for the Computers skill). (-.5 – though not sure if even worth that)
- You gain a +1 insight bonus with Bureaucracy and Computers checks. This bonus increases by an additional +1 at Career Levels 4, 8, 16, and 20. (4)
- You gain 1 additional interest at Career Levels 0, 2, 6, 10, 14 & 18. (1)
- You gain a free Calibre II Pip-Boy (1)